Health eHeart Community

a forum hosted by the Health eHeart Alliance

Heart Attack hindsight - Warning signs you ignored



I would be very interested in hearing your accounts of your personnal experience with heart attack. Primarily, the warning signs prior the event, which you might have ignored, or took lightly, but now with hindsight, after surviving the heart failure, would have acted differently. And then about the event and recovery.Your experience can help the others.I had an unpleasant experience of sudden weakness during exercise last month which may or may not be a symptom of heart problem.

Please help.

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

Video production agency



Hello, I did not have a heart attack but came very close. I had several warning signs I ignored and had to have open heart surgery. Are those the type of warning sins you are interested in?



I’m was an avid tennis player for the last 3 year and was consistently training with a coach once a week and played at minimum 2 times a week. On the Friday before the Saturday incident, I felt a rise in restlessness at end of work. The kind you feel when you felt you needed to decompress as in elevated heart rate, slightly more rapid but not full deep breath as if you sitting here writing this response. I thought nothing of it but think I needed to play some tennis to relax. After being on the court for 40 minute, that condition didn’t change and also it became difficult for me maintain the normal level I expected myself. I ended my session and gone to dinner thinking that may ease and rest this uneasiness. Note at no point did I have pain in relation to my heart. I just felt like I wasn’t getting enough oxygen exchanging. Kind of like the feeling you ran the fastest you can to out run a dog about to bite off your leg and now you feel like collapsing to catch it all back. That dry lung burning sensation. I ate, I than called a nite and sleep through till next morning tennis training session. During my Saturday tennis session, just being on the court my restlessness came right back and simple hitting became a focus ordeal. Internally I think something is wrong but I’m in denial. In that next 40 minute of training, all my focus was just on the breathing as it became more and more laboring to keep from fainting due to lack of oxygen. Near the training end, I had to quite because I weren’t recovering faster than I’m depleting my air intake. At hospital they were only able to diagnose that I had a possible cardiac due to the high trace of troponin and the rest including high blood sugar and cholesterol. End result, two stent in the left ventricular to return flow. educated and on minimal med for Diabetes, medication and education on controlling cholesterol. Overall change in my day to day for meal, food to eat and management overall. Within 6 - 12 months. I brought down all of my condition to near normal to acceptable range. 6.4 A1C for a 11.2 when diagnose, everything else returned to normal.

Long story short, don’t every take the fact you play 2 -3 days of intense tennis or any other intense activities to behave badly with your body such as eating. One should approach your health holistic in that you should look at all aspect from your habit at the time you wake to the time you sleep. All of it should be review and make sure you start your motor early in the day and keep it moving.


My symptoms were: while standing I felt light headed, weakness and I had to sit down for fear of fainting. About a year later it happened again but more severe plus I had started sweating and had an urgent need to go to the bathroom. I knew then something was very wrong. However months passed before there were any other symptoms. I decided to see a cardiologist after talking to my GP during my next regular appointment. Then I took my own BP at home and it was very low. I have been on BP medicine for years and it had never been that low. I could see my lungs and heart dying.
I had some trouble breathing and was told I had exercise induced asthma so I did not connect it to the near fainting incidents. There was another incident, again standing and lightheadedness but I immediately went to sit down and nothing further occurred at that time. My body awareness took over and I pursued medical treatment for heart tests and it was found I had a 100% and 90% artery blockage. I had open heart surgery but never had a heart attack.